Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Halfway through Feburary

Well, I learned a lesson yeasterday. Do not play poker when tired, sick and unfocused. I was not going to play much, but since yeasterday was the 14th and I was almost at the halfway point towards my goal, I thought I would just play a session or two and get my winnings up over $300. Not to be, but It does tell me something about how tough it is to count on poker for income. When it is just for fun, all the presure is off. With just the presure of meeting a goal making me play when i should not, what will happen when we are counting of poker for income???? Just something I need to keep in mind.

Feb. 14th
Bankroll: $1,285.60
Hourly Rate: $5.73

I like the hourly rate here. For the limits I'm playing, not too bad.

In other news, my career is moving forward. I will be working for the Director of Instruction here in the New Britain School District. I will have two main functions, working with the District Cooridator of Math coaching and providing a resourse for teachers in aligning the Math curriculum with the Riverdeep Learning Mangement System. I will also assist the District Cooridator of Technology with several intitives. Karin's carreer however is in flux. You can read about it on her blog:

KarTay Diem

If I could just have a regular income from poker to help her out that would be cool (for now.)





6 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger derek said...

didn't you read that damn book you sent us for xmas?!?! doyle says it, if you're not in the game, don't play the game! :-)

glad to hear the work word is going good.

btw: did i mention what con got me for my bday? as she put it, "nothing says i love you like a 20 gauge pump!"... shotgun that is!

next time you come out, we can sit on the back porch, cranking the skynyrd, and shoot beer cans!

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger kartay said...

Don't go giving John any crazy ideas Derek! And John, YEASTERDAY(?) was Yesterday. And by the way, are you not always tired, sick and unfocused?? I think you are going to have ups and downs. Sometimes you'll be on the top of your game, and sometimes you will suck. Remember, when it comes down to it, it is a GAMBLE....although I know you will argue that it is not gambling....:)

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger JT said...

yeah, well everyone knows I can't spell, and obviously you knew what i meant <-- is that right?

yes i am usually tired and unfocused, the sick thing is all in how you define it. most days its just a mental sickness

i want a shotgun!!!!!!!

of course I would have shot the computer last night. you can be in the game for 99% of time and then boom, one mistake and instead of being up $20, down a couple of dollars. I'll do better tonight!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger derek said...

"YEASTERDAY"

HAHAHAHAHH - i didn't even catch that...

but now that i have, i'll take the high road...

ok, maybe not...

"they sell something for that john. usually at the pharmacy. i think monistat...."

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger kartay said...

My dear, maybe you shouldn't claim that you have mental sickness, and say I want a shotgun in the same breath....Oh yeah, I guess yeasterday happens after you already used the monistat!!!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger derek said...

HAHAHAHAH

no question about where the common sense in this family lies, is there?!?!!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home